When we throw away a product, it may seem insignificant – but there are far-reaching consequences, including:
- Wasting the energy, labor and materials required to produce the product
- Taking up space in landfills, which threatens human health and the environment
- Contributing to greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
In addition, reducing waste makes sense from a business perspective because it:
- Lowers the cost of waste removal
- Streamlines our processes, making us more efficient
- Makes us better partners to our clients and in our communities
This is why Sodexo is committed to eliminate waste to landfill by 2025
Our objective is that all our sites will have progressed towards circular economy principles, operating in a system where the value of resources is not lost and every opportunity to optimize, reuse, recycle and repurpose is acted upon and integral to the way we do business.
By implementing a proper waste reduction program, we become part of the solution. Click the Create A Plan button to start building your action plan.